Susan M. Matte-Farina
Member of Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild, since 1997
Associate Member of the Contemporary Artists of Southern Arizona
Artist Statement: To make art that is exciting and intriguing.
Why I paint: My paintings are developed from life experiences. I paint from my emotions. The places I travel inspire my paintings and I MUST put these on paper and canvas. Color, space and shapes along with vibrant colors are my language and tools. My hope is to connect my impression with an idea that motivates you to look into my paintings and find something for you to think about… thanks for looking.
- Studied with Deezie Manning-Catron for two years.
- Pima College Art Courses including basic design, drawing, color composition, painting , watercolor, sculpture and design.
- Graduate level watercolor course with Bruce McGrew
- Courses at Tucson Art Museum, drawing, painting.
- MS in Nursing, University of Arizona, 1986
- BS in Nursing, University of Arizona, 1976
- St. John’s School of Nursing, Springfield, Illinois, 1972
Juried showings include:
- Tubac Center for the Arts Summer Fantasy Show, September 2004
“Pink Rose”, watercolor, Award of Merit
- Phantom Gallery on Congress, August – September, 2003
Tucson Arts District Project
- Tubac Center of the Arts, December, 2002
- Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona, Tucson, July, 2002
- Hilltop Gallery, Nogales, AZ., May, 2002
- Celebrate! Art 2002, Tucson, February, 2002
- National-Plein Air Tucson 2001, March, 2001
- National-Angels, Placerville, CA, December, 1999
- Celebrate! ART, February, 2001 and February, 2002
- Tubac Art Center, Dec, 2000 and January, 2002
- Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild , Spring 2000
- Celebration of Art 2000, February, 2000
- Pima College Student Show, Spring, 1999
- Plaza Palomino’s Meet the Artists, November, 1999
- Watercolor Tubac Fall Show, “Reflections”, 1999
My work can be seen at…
…my studio by appointment.
…Table Talk to Home at 7876 N Oracle Rd (floorcloths).
…Casa del Los Milagros at La Entrada (the Saints on barn wood).
…Manos, 4 Circulo de Copa, Tubac, AZ (mats).
You can contact me here.